15 April 2009

Sick Day

I am sick.
Being sick sucks.
Being sick especially sucks when you have to just suck it up and go about your standard daily activities, i.e. working instead of lying in bed/on couch with water/tea/oj and something really salty to eat. (That might be just me but whatever.)

Every time I am sick and I have to actually do something (so, almost every time I've gotten sick since 9th grade) I think of something my Mom said to me back in the day. Probably 7th or 8th grade since it still rings so true.
Me: "Mom, I'm really sick and I have to stay home from school. [moan, cough]"
Mom: "Dammit Caitlin! One day you're going to HAVE to go to class or a job, and you won't be able to stay home 'sick' whenever you damn well please!!!"

Oh Mommy. If only you knew how your words haunt me.

Moan. Coughcough.

No comments:

Post a Comment