20 August 2010

Love Story

My cousin sent this link to me today with the label "a dose of mushiness for you".  I told him I've been a little emotional lately and that I didn't know if I could handle mushy and he wrote "it's pretty mushy".
So I waited til now, not that it was a less emotional moment, but I don't have to function so mushiness is more easily handled.  I'm glad I did.


Danny & Annie from StoryCorps on Vimeo.


Ultimately this is what we're all looking for.  Maybe not actively searching and working at it like a project or a mission, but this is what we all want, to love wholly and be loved in return.  At least I do.  I want a love that was more easy than it was hard, more bright than dark, more smiles than tears.


3 comments:

  1. You will find that easy love, Schmate, if for no other reason than because it is just so easy to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puts in video Sonnet XLII from Sonnets from the Portuguese (Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 1856):

    How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
    I love thee to the level of everyday's
    Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
    I love thee freely, as men might strive for Right;
    I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
    I love thee with the passion put to use
    In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    With my lost saints,–I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!–and, if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death.

    ReplyDelete